Before we get into why an expert should be called in for your stump removal and stump grinding needs, let’s look at what these services entail.
Stump removal entails extracting not just the stump, but also all the roots attached to it. If the roots of the stump you wish to remove are spread across your property, you may end up churning a significant chunk of your garden.
Stump grinding is a simpler process. It involves using a stump grinder to shave the remaining tree till it is gone. No roots are touched in this process.
What is the difference between stump removal and stump grinding?
Stump removal is a far more complex and time-consuming process than stump grinding. It requires heavy-duty, specialist equipment such as a Bobcat. Stump grinding, on the other hand, is carried out with lighter equipment – a stump grinder.
Stump removal can damage your garden while roots are being taken out, while stump grinding only shaves the stump to the ground, causing no damage to the rest of your property. This makes stump removal more conducive to building sites, while stump grinding is good for established properties and houses.
Primarily due to the time and equipment involved, stump removal is more expensive than stump grinding.
A key commonality between stump removal and stump grinding is that they should be done by professionals – arborists, who are trained in tree planting, restoration and maintenance.
Why do you need an expert for stump removal and stump grinding?
It may sound simple, but stump removal and stump grinding require experience, knowledge and specialist equipment for the process to go smoothly. Here are some reasons why you need to call in the experts for these services.
- They have specialist equipment. Stump removal and stump grinding require specialist equipment. This equipment is not readily available to hire or buy. Even if you can get your hands on it, specialist skills are required to operate this equipment. An arborist has this equipment readily available and is trained to use them.
- It can be dangerous, and arborists are insured. Stump removal and stump grinding can be difficult and risky. Arborists inspect the tree and the tree stump and provide the best way to remove unwanted stumps, without compromising on safety of people and property. In the event of any damage, arborists are insured and cover such unwarranted incidents.
- Affordable. Yes, it’s true! Once you take into account cost of hiring and running the specialist equipment needed for stump removal and stump grinding, as well as hiring someone to assist you, the costs add up. Hiring an arborist will likely work out as a more affordable option to get the job done.
- Avoid unintended damage. Depending on the job and if not done correctly, you could end up damaging your garden or property with incorrect stump removal or grinding.
- It is much more efficient. Because arborists are trained to do this and have a lot of experience, they can get the job done must faster. There is no need to spend a lot of time removing or grinding a stump down when a professional can do it quicker.
- You get a clean space. After a stump and possibly some roots are removed, there will be a lot of debris. Removing it can be a hassle and sometimes special rubbish removal may be needed. A professional arborist will clean your garden after removing the stump.
Treescape’s stump removal and stump grinding services
Treescape offers stump removal and stump grinding services throughout New Zealand for both residential and commercial properties. Contact us today on 0800 873 396 for removing unwanted stumps in your garden.