As a Treescape STMS you will assist with our various projects across Palmerston North and assist our current contract’s with setting up high-quality Temporary Traffic Management. We need highly qualified STMSs to help us ensure the safety of all road users including the general public, cyclists, pedestrians, work crews, your own traffic management crew and yourself. You will be responsible for all aspects of managing our Temporary Traffic Management sites including setting up and removal of worksites.
STMS - Site Traffic Management Supervisor
- Following generic and site-specific Traffic Management Plans with the correct setups for our temporary traffic management sites in the road corridor
- A strong knowledge of CoPTTM and TTM and making sure these are followed and our sites are compliant
- Being responsible and taking care of the TTM truck and all equipment assigned to you and making sure these are all in working order and kept safe and well maintained
- Be the lead for all toolbox/tailgate meetings, crew/closure briefings and be clear on all job details and expectations
- Keeping all paperwork and documentation accurate including on-site records, incidents and vehicle inspections and in a timely manner
Your skills and attributes
- Reliable, punctual and motivated with a positive attitude
- Possess a safety-first mindset, with experience in leading your team and looking after your equipment
- Have a current Level 1 STMS qualification with experience in all level 1 TTM setups
- A current Class 1 or Class 2 Full Driver’s License
- Committed to working Monday to Friday and have the flexibility for weekend and on-call shifts
- Great communication, written and verbal skills to communicate effectively with all staff and management
- Be committed to the safety of all staff, road users and yourself
- Be able to show leadership to coach, guide, and train all TTM staff including people new to the industry
- Strong planning, problem-solving skills and can think on the run and be able to deal with unexpected and emergency incidents
What we offer
- Competitive hourly rates
- Training and development opportunities through onsite training and mentoring
- Potential for upskilling through the new competency pathway paid for by us
- Career progression to the right person who is motivated and willing to put in the effort through a supportive team
- A very supportive team environment with the tools for you to deliver and excel in your STMS career
- Stable employment through Treescape being an essential service provider
- Guaranteed work hours
- Brand new uniform and PPE (Personal Protective Equipment)
- Discounted gym membership
The fine print
- To be eligible for this position you must currently be living in NZ and have a legal right to work in this country (i.e. NZ Citizenship, be a permanent resident, or hold full working rights)
- Candidates will be required to undergo drug and alcohol testing, a medical exam, and Ministry of Justice checks as part of the recruitment process (at Treescape’s cost).
- This is a permanent and full-time position working Monday to Friday, 40 hours per week. Additional hours and flexibility are generally available.
Treescape has been serving kiwis since 1981, and endeavour to lead the industry as Arboriculture specialists with branches across New Zealand and Australia. Treescape are full service, certified specialists in arboriculture, horticulture, landscape and grounds maintenance. We are committed to providing the best health and safe work environment for employees. Our AS/NZS 4801 certification ensures that we work to the highest possible standard of health and safety. We work closely with Safe Work in Australia and WorkSafe in New Zealand for compliance, injury reporting, and other requirements. To know more about us click here.