When you require medical attention, you call on a doctor. It is no different with trees. They require a specialist to care for their ailments or even prevent them.
Think of arborists as “tree doctors”; specialists who can provide the specialist preventative or responsive care your trees need.
An arborist is a professional in the practice of arboriculture. Arboriculture is the study, management, and cultivation of trees, shrubs, or other perennial woody plant life in horticulture. An arborist’s scope of work is quite wide, although they spend a lot of time with trees over other types of plants. You could think of them as tree surgeons.
What are some of the most common tasks you’ll see arborists undertake?
- Tree removal and stump grinding
- Tree planting
- Emergency tree care such as fallen trees, etc.
- Tree pruning, tree trimming and hedge trimming
- Tree inspection, ongoing maintenance and care of trees as a preventative measure and minimise risks from fallen trees and branches that could cause harm to people and property
- Soil modification
Why do you need to hire an arborist?
Pruning or removing trees, especially large trees, can be dangerous work. Besides not everyone understands the individual needs of a tree. So, tree work should be done only by trained and equipped professionals. Here are a few reasons why you should hire a qualified arborist for the job:
- They are trained for the job. Qualified arborists are trained professionals for proper tree care, tree planting, and tree maintenance. You may not know every secret to handle the tree in different situations, but they know very well. From pruning of trees to removal, diagnosing, ailments and insect treatments, they are trained and skilled for everything.
- They have the right equipment for the job. A professional arborist has the necessary equipment to deal with the job at hand, be it tree pruning, stump removal or hedge trimming. Calling in an expert will also save you time and money you may have to fork out purchasing the right tools that you’ll probably only use once.
- Safety is assured. Tree removal, pruning, stump grinding and other tree care jobs are a whole lot more complicated than getting a few tools together and hacking down a tree. It is quite easy to injure yourself or severely damage your property if you decide to do such tasks on your own. With an arborist, however, you will have someone who has all the necessary experience, knowledge, equipment and skills to remove issues arising from damaged trees in the safest way possible.
- The leftovers are taken care of. Tree branches that you cut off or stumps left behind can be unsightly and easy to trip on. When you call a professional, these are taken care of as removal of the debris is part of a job well done.
- Arborists can reduce the damage. Low-density storms, tropical storms and heavy winds leave destruction behind. The major damages are done to trees. A downfall of the tree on your house can cause significant harm to people and property. An arborist inspects the tree periodically and suggests if some safety measures are needed to be taken. In this way, they can reduce the risk of future damage to your property.
- They will leave your trees in shape and property looking pretty. Growing the tree into a beautiful shape is an art that needs skill. Arborists have the experience of working with different species of trees in different ways. This allows them to predict the growth pattern and shape of the plant. The end result is a landscape you’ll love.
Trees add value to your property and the health of your community. Beautiful, healthy trees are an investment with substantial returns in the future. Adversely, poorly maintained trees can be a significant liability. Tree work performed incorrectly not only poses a risk to the tree itself but also endangers the person living around the tree. Tree work should only be performed by trained and equipped professionals.
If you are looking for a qualified arborist, our friendly and professional team of qualified and experienced arborists are more than happy to discuss your needs and we are happy to provide an obligation free quote for the job.