We are looking for a hardworking, reliable, trade qualified Diesel Mechanic with a positive attitude to join our team based out of our Lower Hutt depot. This position is full time and will involve working on heavy machinery e.g. excavators, tree chippers and trucks of all sizes. While much of this work is done in our Lower Hutt workshop to attend to repairs for vehicles used in the field. There are also opportunities for travel to other Treescape depots throughout NZ.
*This is a permanent, full-time position working Monday to Friday*
- Relevant trade qualifications with excellent diagnostic ability
- Experience in mechanical servicing, repairs and mechanical engineering
- Have a good understanding of a range of plant and machinery
- Have a clean NZ drivers license
- HT / Class 2, 4 / Tracks and Rollers / Forklift Licenses would be an advantage
- Safety focused with the ability to work unsupervised
- Excellent communication skills and an ability to relate to a wide range of people
- Can work effectively as part of the team
Perks & Bonuses
- Competitive package
- Field service vehicle
- Company phone
- The opportunity to progress your portfolio and be recognized for your strengths in the industry
- Ongoing training and career progression
- Well-equipped, modern machinery
- Discounted gym membership
- Free onsite carpark
The fine print
- To be eligible for this position you must currently be living in NZ and have a legal right to work in this country (i.e. NZ Citizenship, be a permanent resident, or hold full working rights)
- Candidates will be required to undergo drug and alcohol testing, a medical exam, and Ministry of Justice checks as part of the recruitment process (at Treescape’s cost).
- This is a permanent and full-time position working Monday to Friday 40 hours per week. Additional hours and flexibility are generally available.
Treescape has been serving kiwis since 1981, and endeavour to lead the industry as Arboriculture specialists with branches across New Zealand and Australia. Treescape are full service, certified specialists in arboriculture, horticulture, landscape and grounds maintenance. To know more about us click here.
Treescape is an accredited employer, which means that we can support visa applications under the Accredited Employer Work Visa (AEWV). For more information, visit Immigration New Zealand.
For more information on the position, please email email@example.com