The purpose of this role is to carry out the delivery of ecological plant and animal management work. This is a permanent, full time position.
Core Role Responsibilities
- Respond to client’s requests for service, which will include responses related to:
- Pest plant control
- Revegetation planting
- Animal pest control and monitoring
- Amenity planting and maintenance
- Environmental rope access
- Vegetation management
- Perform tasks as instructed by the Field Crew Lead, or as required from time to time by other Operations/Project Managers or Supervisors
- Check instructions to ensure a clear understanding of work specifications is maintained at all times and ensure work is carried out as directed
- Contribute in a proactive way to ensure work undertaken is of a high standard
- Ensure a clear understanding of the use of handheld devices/technology
- Report any problems with job, crew and equipment to Field Crew Leader/Project Manager
- Maintain and clean gear and equipment including vehicle fleet
- Recommend any operational improvements/initiatives, with a focus on improving efficiencies in the day-to-day running of Treescape
Qualifications and Experience
- Full Class 1 Drivers Licence (Essential)
- 2 to 3 years’ experience in the field (Essential)
- A high level of physical fitness and ability to handle a demanding role (Essential)
- First Aid Certificate (Preferred)
- GrowSafe and Approved Handler Certificate (Preferred)
- Proven relevant experience in the delivery of plant and animal pest/environmental management
- Proven experience in animal pest control, native plant and weed pest identification – knowledge of invasive weeds and their effective control
- Relevant experience in revegetation planting
- Experience with 4WD off road driving
- Small machinery (e.g. chainsaws, scrub bars, pumps) use and maintenance skills
- A good safety record and a strong safety ethic
- Good organisational skills and a team player but equally able to work productively by oneself essential
Perks and Bonuses
- Uniforms/PPE – supplied.
- Onsite Parking – supplied
- Work boots – supplied.
- Highly Experienced and great work environment
- Competitive $$$$$$
- Ongoing Training
- Opportunity for career progression
- Awesome Hours Work Mon-Fri (7.30am -5.30pm)
- Well-equipped modern workshop
- Should pass Drug & Medical Assessment
- Should pass Ministry of Justice check
- NZ Citizen/Permanent Resident or hold a full working right.
To be eligible for this position you must currently be living in NZ and have a legal right to work permanently in this country. Due to COVID-19 restrictions, overseas applications for this position will not be considered. Candidates will be required to undergo Drug and Alcohol testing, a medical and Ministry of Justice checks as a part of the recruitment process. Double vaccination status is required to join our team.
Treescape has been serving kiwis since 1981, and endeavour to lead the industry as Arboriculture specialists with branches across New Zealand and Australia. Treescape are full service, certified specialists in arboriculture, horticulture, landscape and grounds maintenance. We are committed to providing the best health and safe work environment for employees. Our AS/NZS 4801 certification ensures that we work to the highest possible standard of health and safety. We work closely with Safe Work in Australia and WorkSafe in New Zealand for compliance, injury reporting, and other requirements. To know more about us click here.
Treescape is an accredited employer, which means that we can support visa applications under the Talent (Accredited Employer) scheme. That means that if you are in New Zealand, have a valid visa, and are successful in securing full-time work with Treescape, you may be eligible for a Work to Residency visa. If you continue to work for us for 2 years, you’ll be able to apply to live in New Zealand permanently. Want to know more? Visit www.immigration.govt.nz/employtalentaccredited.
Apply now or email your application to [email protected] or call Madison for more info on 0274042683.